Sunday 19 January 2014

Dairy 19th January 2014

Mom collected me to head up to see Dad and herself. Like I do every Sunday. We sat down to Dinner. Twas lovely. WE were chatting. Then after that I headed home to see Crina(first to my place). On my mind while I was visiting them, I was interested in finding out what their opinion on the topic of Gay and phase was.

While I was having dinner, Mom noticed the pink watch and my Rainbow colored bands that I was wearing. It is under my illusion and my idea that I ain't gonna hide my sexuailtiy. People do actually come out for a reason. THat is to show the world that you ain't afraid of facing a problem that society want you to keep hidden. Well as long as their breath in my body and every fibre of my being, I'm gonna fight for my rights and those of our LGBT peers. If I have to be the next Matthew Shepherd or Harvey Milk(Which I doubt that), then I shall.

However I decided for Dad's sake to wait til I caught Mom on her own ie leaving me home. So while she was driving I plucked up the courage to see what her opinion was. THis was brought up my yesterday's meetup with the Vegan ORganiser whereby she thinks Gay is a choice etc., As I was quite disturbed, I wanted to see had my mother changed her tude(attitude). It was with great regret that she hadn't. She was under the illusion that as the Catholic Church had separate schools for separate Genders. While I agree to a certain degree, I am strongly against her advice of Gay being a choice ie a PHase. So I decided to ask her in 2014 had she changed her mind since I came out in 2009. However with my heart still crushing. She hadn't. She's still under the illusion that i shall find a lassie. I strongly told her that Gay is not a choice and hence you are born gay. I went on to quote a famous phrase which is as follows.

"Sexuality does NOT define who you have sex with". Sexuality is defined who you want to spend the rest of the my life with, etc.,

So I got out of the car visibly upset.

If there's anything to learn out of homophobia. Its one word. EDUCATION. Clearly people who are homophobic are either that because they ain't out or whatever OR they just don't know what the word mean. Then you have the extra ingredient is that of the Religion.

So I then realised why I have my Inflatables. Its actually because of the homophobia in question. I thought I was using em as a means of coping the loss of Relatives etc., HOwever as I'm loosing love for them, Its more evident its actually coming back to bite me in the ass.

So with that in mind. I brought Wormy, Hammy and Lippy along with me to Crina's.

No comments:

Post a Comment