Saturday 18 January 2014

Diary 18th January 2014

Today I went into town to another meetup. THis time it was for vegans. As it was just me and the organizer who showed up, we chatted over a beautiful cup of tea. We met in KC Peaches on Dames St. WE had alively discussion of various topics. Of which included Anonymity on the Internet, Gay Rights, her own profession of Performing Arts. 

I was quite amused over her teaching of Dancing. Of which I quite agree with it. Her idea is very simple, she teaches one on one and the minute you go in her teaching studio, she'd say "You're a Dancer". Automatically. If there's any bit of tension amongst the student, she'd ask why. Etc., 

I then proceeded to ask her why she has a picture of a tree on the site of which I was very interested in her answer. She went onto explain as follows: If she was to put her Gender and her name let alone her number, she'd have all sorts of guys running after her etc., She then continued whereas if she had just a picture of a tree or plant or whatever, then at least if the person is interested in meeting up with her, at least she'd say to herself, he has a bit of compassion(In this instance Veganism). 

When I took my coat off exposing my watch(Pink) and my Pride/Rainbow color Bands, I knew I was in for it. And boy was I not right. I noticed her body language. Twas quite distracting, quite annoying/rude actually. I was chatting about whatever, her body language was quite distracting. She went on to explain her reason for such behaviour. She told me that her mother had been abused viciously and took it out on her and/or the family. and so she had no Mother figure that any Daughter needs. So she went on to say that she was on the gay community for several years. However the thing that I found quite disturbing were hearing the words "Gay is just a phase". I replied but sure "You are either born gay or not. Gay is not an option or a choice". 

So after I left her on the bus, I went on to cycle home. I was quite frustrated that someone who claims to be on the gay community would say such thing. So when I got home, I continued to tidy up my place while looking at the tv show 101 Things You Don't Need A Builder For.

No comments:

Post a Comment