Thursday 30 October 2014

Gone Girl

Well, I was most looking forward to this particular film. The trailer was so intriguing. WHO killed the wife. That's the main plot. The plot unfolds, when Nick Dunne(Affleck) gets a call. He finds that he comes home to an empty house, ie the wife(Pike) has disappeared. He contacts the local police office. Detective Rhonda Boney(Dickens) heads the investigation. Each clue, and evidence faces towards Nick himself. BUT there's a twist. In that, Sociopaths Path is inside the wife's mind. IN that because she caught Nick cheating on her with Andie(Ratajkowski), she wanted to frame him for her murder and as Missouri has the Death Penalty to kill him. SO she herself disappears. She herself frames Desie(Patrick Harris).

That's all I can give without giving it all away. Overall, I am most disappointed with this film. In that, the trailer gave it all away, by that I mean, in the trailer, it is found that NOT ONE MENTION of Amy, the wife, is sociopath. All we're told is that she's missing and Nick is suspected. I would have loved that the WHOLE movie be surrounded by this plot. Instead half way through they introduce a twist. I detest this, as I got so confused, and simply put there was no need for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment