Sunday 15 June 2014

Diary 14th June 2014

Well today was to be a very busy day. I got up quite early after my hibernation -  hahaha yesterday. Showered and got ready. I looked at yesterday's News Bulletins. Then after that I got ready to head to one of the most anticipated events of the annual gay calendar, ahahah. This year thou was to be something of an exception. In that Various Voices came to Dublin for the first time, of which is my understanding, now I could be wrong. It is the European LGBT Chorus Festival. Various Voices is a competition between all the LGBT Choirs from all over the world, and they descended onto Dublin. So with this in mind, City Hall was 1 of many venues, whereby we could "sample" the choirs. So that's the background to the event I attended today. On my way to Various Voices, I came across a guy, that I thought I recognised him from DublinFreeWheelers. Quite the splitting image of him. Further towards the Various Voices, I came across another guy, now I had my headphones, on so I couldn't hear what the guy was saying. But from the lip reading, I could gather he possibly says "Faire play to ya boi". I have a Marriage Equality TShirt on me. heheeh, hence why he possibly says such.

So now onto the exciting Event in question. I arrived eventually at City Hall. It was indicated on the Dublin Pride booklet, that to get into the Various Voices event, that you would need to book a ticket via emailing. However O' Farrell since told me that you don't need to, just come and stay as for as long as you want. So when I arrived, I was standing for a bit. However late on, I found O' Farrell and then sat beside him. WE were treated to wonderful choirs. The choirs were from as I said above all over the world. It was my intention after the choirs, that I pop along to the Dublin Food CoOp to get dad's pressie for Father's Day. I stayed for 3 choirs. Each choir sang a selection of songs. I recognised a few. Not many. The 3 choirs, were from Switzerland, Manchester Lesbian and Gay Chorus, England and Germany. Out of the 3 choirs, I heard, I wholeheartedly enjoyed every moment of Manchester Lesbian and Gay Chorus. They were so powerful. They sang a wonderful rendition of I Dream, A Dream - Les Miserables. There was an elder woman in the choir, possibly in her 70s maybe 80s. She had her stick. I totally admired her for that. The only fault I found out of the other two choirs, was the language. They sang in their local native language, of which I found to be of a dampener. But didn't spoil the day one bit. I totally enjoyed myself.

So afterwards, Brendan joined me to pop along to Dublin Food CoOp. We sat down for a bit. Then we looked around. I treated him to a wrap might I add a Veggie wrap. He truly enjoyed it. It was  a Greek wrap. He was most impressed with the building Dublin Food CoOp. He said a few times, that his mother would like the Oil as she uses it quite alot. He told me just before we went in, that his Paps(RIP), grew up in Frances St., then moved the family to Terenure where he grew up. Then I got myself a beautiful Vegie Falafel and then sat down again fora  bit. While sitting down, he was asking why I can't find a book to read etc., I explained English is and can be an obstacles, but more so, that if I look up the web or ask someone what does such a word mean ie the dictionary, I would loose my train of thought. I explained one book I had read when I was a kid, based on the IRA goings on, in the past ie the Northern Ireland troubles. I went onto explain that I felt like I was a "character" in the book. So after a weee chat, we then headed to the little shop I got my now infamous Vegan Butter Biona. Can't wait to taste it. heehehe.

So then after a wonderful visit to the  Dublin Food CoOp, Both Both Brendan and I headed off. He wanted to go back to the Various Voices and I wanted to headed to the Outhouse, as when I was passing the Outhouse, to the Various Voices, I noticed that there were alot of Banners, meaning I understood to be of an event or something. On out way to the Various Voices, where Brendan wanted to go back, to, I popped into the 99c store to get a card fro dad. When I arrived, it was literally "dead". Not a single soul around. So I just got myself a sandwich, and a cuppa Green Tea. Twas lovely. While there, I was reading an article by Brian Finnegan, Editor of GCN(Now The Outmost). Twas quite interesting it was. It was referring to the Gay Marriage Referendum whereby it will be put to the People of Ireland in 2015. The article, states that those who are in favor of Gay Marriage are in the young age bracket, hence the past Referendas have had a history of a low turnout and only those who are in their elders or older, possibly might reject the Proposal of changing the Constitution of Ireland. In the article it was also mentioned that countries who are against Marriage Equality namely Uganda and Nigeria and Croatia, would pay big bucks to the No side of the Gay Marriage Referendum. It was quite disheartened to hear such people would such. Aww well, we'll be out with full force for the Yes side.

So afterwards, I had a small intention of seeing a movie namely Godzilla in iMax. However plans changed. Yesterday or the day before, I had received a voicemail saying that both my sis and I can give our dad pressies for Father's Day at  the CAR. So I made my way to my sis. However I got a missed call from Mom. I attempted to ring her, but went to Voicemail. So there's me wondering to myself, that my sis is in hospital or something. I got her a few groceries. I was struggling with them on the way. Even though it was only a short distance. When I arrived, I rang her buzzer several times, no answer. So I still thought yep she's in hospital or something. I attempted to ring her, but my battery went. So I trawled her groceries all the way back and might I add my stuff that I had bought too from both C+T and Centra. So when I got back all sweaty and all, I rang her to see what s up, the fact that her phone was ringing, says I to meself whats up, well actually I checked her Facebook Messages and her profile to see was their any clue that maybe she gone into hospital or whatever. Nope. Nada. So I rang her, and as it happens she was up with the folks. It was found that Mom had last minute changed plans to get my sis out of her place. Eitherway, I didn't appreciate all this last minute change. I was saying to myself did I hear her right I mean on the voicmail etc.,
So back to my sis I went with her groceries, but wasn't too bad. But jazis my hands were literally soar as be damned. and as scared. So on my way to my sis for the second time, I took my top off cause with the plastic bag's handles were killing me, so I needed something soft. As I was going round shirtless, literally, I had eyes gawking at me, as much to say what up with this. U never seen a topless dude. As I said to my sis, I am bringing America over here, by means of behavior etc., So my sis and I looked at TV then after a short stay, I headed on to the folks to hand over the pressie. Twas nice to see em and all. Mom being her usual Irish Mammy self. WORRY. Well never fear mam, I'll never go in hiding. So after a heavy heated debate on what I should wear(bearing in mind the Marriage Equality TShirt), Mom n Dad dropped me  home.

News

Daniel Day Lewis has been Knighted by Queen Elizabeth.


No comments:

Post a Comment