Wednesday 9 April 2014

Noah

Well what a movie. Twas the most powerful movie to date. As in a Biblical. The plot is quite simple, in that Noah is tasked with saving his family and "2 of every animal" after "seeing" in his dreams that God or "Creator" would destroy the world via a Flood. In "Rained for 40 days and 40 nights". Most powerful movie to date. I mean like the killing of the baby(which he couldn't bring himself to). I was in bits, my heart pumping in more and more. Then the killing of animals and when my mate explained to me that it was cannibalism when they ran out of meet, something like that. I had understood that they were selling the people to slavery. Boy what an image I got. Of pure disgust it was. So questions remain as to if actually of any of the acts in the movie actually happen in the Bible. Like Creationism was brought, Evolution was brought up. One thing I must protest thou was the decision as to wheter or whether or not to kill the twin babies. If they were girls, Noah had felt that he had to kill them. When Noah explained "I will not fail you(something like that)". It struck me that "He" stopped the rain, MEANING yeah go ahead and kill the babies. Geez if God actually wanted Girl babies killed, then one would wonder is he actually homophobic. Cause all that went through me is "I don't believe in a Homophobic God". "God Is Love". etc., etc., etc., One thing was moving other than the babies, was the girl who "was a good person" exclaimed by Ham(Logan Lerman(mmmm)). Noah being the good guy just left her to die and to even here the head crushing, that really went through me like a knife.
On the positive side thou, I must express my satisfaction as Noah puts it: "Let me tell you a story.... In the beginning...." I was most impressed with the Story of the Beginning ie the Genesis. Which I know that actually existed in the Bible. Then when the water was being delivered to the family, it was so effective. In that the water went through the ends of the Earth. Then I basically got another understanding of the movie. The Bible version I ain't sure. But the movie states, that God wanted Animals, and Birds to leave leaving NO man alive after the flood. It also stated int he movie, that God gives you the strength when one of the character stated I need animal and or cannibalism to live ie to have strength. I said to myself, technically NO. I'm a vegetarian turning vegan. I'm still here after almost 2 years of vegetarianism ie no meat or dairy products in my system. I'm currently living on SOya, and plant based food. So technically Meat eaters don't need Meat to live. So far I've seen the movie 3 times. All that goes trhoguh me mind is one word: QUESTIONS. Like Did God REALLY want to kill women, Did God want animal eaters etc., etc., Then another impressieve was the sky. Oh yeah the sky. Everytime I was seeing it, it was like Stellar. Seeing all the stars. Oh and any one who knows me will know the love of Music I have ie the Score in a  film. This film was no different. Defo Oscar worthy for Oscars 2015. No doubt. Naamheh(Jennifer Connolly), Ila(Emma Watson), defo Oscar Worthy.


http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt1959490/


No comments:

Post a Comment