Friday 7 March 2014

The Book Thief

I popped along to the film. Twas a quite an interesting film. Very heartwarming. Completely emotional at the end thou. That said, I enjoyed it. The plot from what I gather is its based on a true story or a book. Not sure which. The plot thou a girl Liesal is left to Nazi parents of which the Pappa takes to the young girl, while the Mama doesn't. She does come around thou. Liesal's brother dies on the way to the new place. The family take in a Jew. For obv reasons they had to keep it hush hush. Twas lovely I might say. The bombs for a 2D film were so realistic, for a second I actually looked around to make sure there weren't real ones. hahaha. It was actually narrated by "Death" of which I didn't get whatsoever. My friend tried explaining it to me afterwards. One thing thou, that I have to mention is the title. Its slightly misleading, considering the film mainly concentrated through eh eyes of a girl who moved to a Street, Heven Street. Yeah she "borrowed" books, This was only a few times. Now whether this is actually based on a true story and or a book, it may be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment